Statesville Christian School Girls’ Tennis team defeated Hickory Christian Academy on Tuesday afternoon at Statesville Country Club by the score of 7-2. The Lions carried a 2-1 lead into singles play with Emma Schopps and Reagan Vaughn taking the #1 doubles slot while Cassidy Barker and Maddie Holman took the #2 doubles slot. Statesville Christian moves to 3-7 overall (2-4 in the conference), while Hickory Christian goes to 0-6 for the season overall (0-6 in the conference).
1. Schopps – Vaughn (SCS) defeated Hall – Puryear (HCA) 8-1.
2. Barker – Holman (SCS) defeated Chapman – Oettinger (HCA) 8-1.
3. Sigmon – Pate (HCA) defeated Southern – Ward (SCS) 8-5.
1. Emma Schopps (SCS) defeated Shea Hall (HCA) 8-2.
2. Reagan Vaughn (SCS) defeated Sarah Puryear (HCA) 8-3.
3. Cassidy Barker (SCS) defeated Amelia Chapman (HCA) 8-1.
4. Maddie Holman (SCS) defeated McKenzie Sigmon (HCA) 8-2.
5. Lilly Oettinger (HCA) defeated Abbey Southern (SCS) 8-1.
6. Brianna Ward (SCS) defeated Perry Pate (HCA) 8-1.
Coaches: Bryan Andrews, David Payne
Article by Bryan Andrews